Saturday, December 6, 2008

I was 16, growing up in a small Himalayan town. Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams, MLTR, Backstreet,Boyzone was the music for us during those days.CCD and Barista were not into existence, coolest drink of all was FP(fountain Pepsi).Watching movie on rental/Star movies and playing cricket all season was life for me. Hanging out with friends, siping tea and sitting for hours in Chachu ka dhabha were the daily rituals to be done, no matter what if it is raining, snowing or hailing. To be caught in the influence of Buddhism was bit natural with strong Tibetan presence in the region. Peace, happiness and satisfaction to the people were the blessing from the god. Life was perfectly poised with all gears fully meshed up. And than one fine day, things were going to change forever, for a boy, who has not dreamed far than his hometown. He was going to realize more about this world, the bitter truths which no one has told him before.

It was a harsh winter morning, cold has gripped the town. I was getting late for the practice match, running down the hill to the venue was the only option. I slipped and last thing I remembered was I had a deep plunge. May be 30 minute latter, I opened my eye and found myself sitting on a Colonial bench. I was filling dizzy, it was paining.

A plain text voice whispered to me, are you o.k. I turned around to see an old man, dressed up formally and for sure English descendent.Ya, but it is paining I replied.Hey what was that, the place looked quite different, it looked too Colonial, I can recognize the Hill in front, but it was all green, where are the concrete buildings. There use to be a Car parking on the turn, now there stood tall Deodar trees. I was just not myself, must be my head has forgotten to recognize modern thing, closed my eye, and may be all be back after I reopen them. It just didn’t happpend.Panic stricken I was going to scream, when the Englishman requested me to calm down.Yes, Sir you can explain me what is all going around here. Who are you? and Where I am? He replied don’t worry I will answer you all, first catch some breath, you run too fast.

We had deafening pauses for next five minutes. He replied I am Roger Leopold. I died here at the same place 60 years ago. I am holding the clock still. I have been left behind by the angels, it’s being a long wait on this bench all these years.

Ok, you telling me I am listening to a ghost, I said to myself. Hold on mister, I asked “what are you upto, scaring a boy, I am leaving”. “You can not leave, you are into no time. Can’t you see things from your world has vanished and know you see things which are there in my world? “he replied. I was now feeling the fear, chilling sensation swapped my body. I asked “How can I see you? I am real you are dead”. He laughed “You are dead like me; I carried you after your fall in to my time. I will leave today with the angels who going to come for you and you serve in my place in no time till you find your replacement, 60 years wait of mine is too long”

I wasn’t getting what all crap he was telling but one thing I had figured out I was not in my time. So why not believe him for the best and see what he up to, for all I was already late for practice, may be a few ball in net after the match, if this thing gets over on time. I got firm and asked him “If it’s my angel, I will go with him, I m not going to wait like you, I am young and have a life ahead”.Oops wrong dialogue. Roger starts laughing again. “Boy, you are now dead that’s reality, 60 years I have waited Even I don’t know where I will be taken, I don’t even have the answer why I was not picked up”.

I was ready for more investigation, after all this is matter of my death. “Roger bhai, I believe in karma and sansara, there is life after death or you get into some other life form, may be a toad or a monkey. It’s a circle, you English don’t know about such facts. I may be reborn. It’s Yum no Angel Shangel that’s gonna come”

Roger was in no mood to joke, he meant business “Absolutely young man, you may be right but today is my day.60 years ago I was left behind by the white torch, he could not lift me up, I was too heavy for him. It took me all these years in wilderness, thinking about why I was not into either of the world. I told a lie that led to killing of quiet a few innocent people in war. Was hiding in this small town from my guilt and detractors, when somebody pushed me down the hill? It was not a natural death, I lied down here screaming for help, cried in pain, but no one helped. I saw the hell angel coming and start running, but somehow he didn’t want to take me with him. He comes to confirm I was trapped in No time.”

Hmm, interesting story, now what next? “Man you should have done some good in life, I am feeling for you man, you don’t have fate, halo let my angel come, I talk to him to take you with me, but in no chance, I let you go in alone in my place, now cheer up, I have a kind heart”.Roger bhai was not impressed, being a ghost must not be easy. Next few minutes no one spoke, we both were waiting for his white torch and my Yum.

I saw a white space opening in sky and a white light bathed a portion of road. I asked him “Did you see that, something is happening”.Roger was blank, may be the old man wanted a new glasses. I shook him up, “are baba cannot you see that”. He said no “I cannot, but that must we the way to the other world”. I noticed the desperation, he was getting itchy, 60 years and still he is not invited.

“I will take you with me, follow me” I grabbed his hand, but he shrugged me off.Roger “only one of us can bath in this light and travel across, white torch is for one of us, it either you or me”.

So in that case it will be me, I said to myself. I was leaving him behind. He was going mad. I did not want to see him screaming and howling. But suddenly my foot stopped, what I was doing, after all I am dead. It won’t matter to me, if I go to the other side today or tomorrow. May be I will have an easy time in No time, I was not carrying any guilt whatsoever from past. I know this man has died every day for the last 60 years and today he had his chance and I can give this man I don’t know what I call it, was not life but may be life after death. I will duly call it HEART’s PLAY.

I had tears in my eye. I turned back and gently asked Roger it’s your day today. He was shocked than excited. I was too young to die, but he was too old to be in such a mess. “Go on mate, I see you soon there and be nice this time wherever you go from here.”Roger did not moved he was being tested I suppose. He will take it or not take it and for my surprise he refused.

Roger “Boy, You shouldn’t have died in the first place, you are too nice to be left here, It’s too bad then you thinking here in No Time, I had a guilt for 60 years and now I think I won’t like to carry any guilt into my after life”. It was fast the light torch turned and in second’s it bathed Roger and he vanished to some place I was supposed to go. He has realized the meaning of guilt, he was purified and for me It will now be long time in No Time…….ke tab………………………………………….

I was woken up in Bed by my friend Chika. I had fallen off while running down the hill and was unconscious for hours he told me. It was over, HEART’S PLAY never ever repeated. I was alive to tell you this story; I was rewarded for being myself when I had lost it all. You can come back from nowhere, if you have the guts to follow your heart. Thing’s changed for me forever, I realized the meaning of life, value of life. The bitter truth of all death was not the final reality, there are still test to be passed.

5 comments:

shivani said...

oh man its damnnnnnnnnn good........ awesome,its simply mind blowing.........iam loving it........

da Player said...

bravo man ts a life changing story

west said...

Little inconsistency is regretted from my part!!!

After all i am not used to write true accounts from my life.....!!!

Saurabh Sharma said...

Oh my God...You had this experience !!..WoW man u experinced the hazy line separating life from death..What an experience !!

west said...

Not exactly!!!

It was not like that.....

But in the end it is a story,,

few bends are there!!

Post a Comment