Monday, March 16, 2009

State uncomforted, I do not why, but we all kept on gutting down alcohol. I looked in Chika’s eye and they way he looked back, was enough confirmation to me, he do not know who she was. Pato was the first to break the silence ritual of drinking, when he asked her If she is Britney? Pato is our Oriya mate, the first and last English gal he knew is Britney. Hmm, now that’s interesting, how this Russian will answer back. Not a shock but a revelation when she said back “ Pardon me ?”. Drinks make you assume a lot. By now I had got a sms form Amit, is this one the Ukranian one’s we been listening to much. We man think at same frequency at certain level.

I think it was time for the first lot to leave. Most of the guy in this lot are married or small time or occy ( occasional / circumstance ) based drinkers. I made Pato to leave in here, else I knew what was next from him. Coming back, let me ask her atleast “ What’s her name?”. I asked and got a reply back in 3 second, Kathie Scot. That’s interesting, that’s too the name of my English client. Whatever, I was more interested in my drinks, this must be the last for the day. Let them carry on. Chika had a grin on face and I knew that is trouble. He exclaimed lets play. I knew the game here. His version of Russian roulette. One against all and all against one, game begin. 30 ml shots were being gutted at an amazing pace. One down, two out, I too was holding back. Amazing of all, it was Chika’s Scot who kept on rolling on as it was 30 ml of fruit juice. 15 min into the game, 4 of us were left, I too quit, and Chika too had fallen by now. Amit, he just somehow never lose to me.

What happened next, I remember a few bits, I had trouble with memory loss, after drinking a lot. Men are at their flurting best I suppose, when they are drunk. Amit hit at her, asking here for dance tomorrow. I cannot see Amit win here, with all of my spontaneity I said let’s go for dance tonight, the disc 12, is next door. She nodded her head, yippee, I beat Amit this time. Surprise surprise, Amit too said nice idea mate, lets rock. Three of us walked to the next door disc and Chika bhai crawled along.

The three of them kept on dancing for some time, and I made plan to watch them all along. Do not why, but I was more comfortable with Vodka than gal at that time. Scot took a break and sit next me. She thanked for making it a nice day for her, never had a day like this away from home and friend. So sweet, people never thanks me, I think the next question I should not have asked her, what you do ? She said nothing, I do roam a lot , make people work in day and dance in night. We both laughed loud. She asked what I do. A software engineer, do not have witty answer. I told her I work for XX tech ( thought the name will impress her ) and make fool of myself and the client in ambundance. She got more and more interested in having a conversation with me, it seemed. May be the name trick has worked. I kept on telling those inside stuff we learned in last 5 years and how we exploit the system and how we can improve it and all. It was getting boring, I do not like talking job after day’s end, but a blonde was a temptation to talk.

The reminder in cell went off, oops I had a meeting with client in tomorrow and got to get ready with stuff, need to leave. Excuse me all, even Chika was back, I asked her number with all the audacity I had. She give me a card, a business card more precisely. It read Catherine Scot, XYZ Associate, NY. Interesting, I told her I had a meeting with this lady tomorrow itself, what a coincidence, you too have the same initials and detail. Amit was laughing and Chika was overwhelmed by all this. I left out the place to figure it out, she and her are the same. I did not got a good night sleep, I danced to her tune, when nobody asked me too. Tomorrow may be my last day, so few words as a ritual is a must.

One month from then, I had a hike, I am working on my clinet side in London, my inputs off the meeting were helpful to the client in restructuring. Chika was too in NY, working as a full time employee with my client, they were astonished to find out, such a talented guy was forced to leave and was not properly accommodated in Indian sub system. I, Chika and Kats (for you Catherine) also go to disc and a neighbourhood pub called Amzoos over here. Amit Still has not stopped telling people how I and Chika had fallen to gain favor from the client, from beginning we were knowing who she was.

Aj

3 comments:

west said...

it was not a planned stuff, so getting it into stream was difficult.....

anyhow i wrote wothout much thinking so enjoy if u can..

shivani said...

hmmm interesting......... ur client

west said...

there is a catch in here....

who get it right i take them to pizza hut..

Post a Comment