Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I was thinking what I shall write. It has been days and I have nothing in my head that is burning.

This is a story of two Sadhus (reverends) who were roaming around the country. They come to stop in a village and asked for one night shelter. The elder looking of two sadhus has a long beard while the young looking sadhu had a trimmed beard. The elder sadhu was getting more attention and care in comparison to the younger. Younger one could not tolerate this and asked the elder “why these people are acknowledging you and not caring for me like you”. The elder sadhu told it is the length of your beard, it is not compelling.

One year later, both sadhus again started their roaming expedition. Now they had equal grown beard, but when they entered the first village to take shelter, it was the same story. The elder sadhu was given more attention and care. Younger one again asked “Why this happening now, I have beard of same length”. The elder sadhu told it is the black color of your beard that is not compelling, I have a white beard.

Three year later, they again started the journey but the results were the same. Elder sadhu got all the attention, Younger one was confused again. He asked his fellow traveler, now what is the reason. The elder one told, it is my hump in back, that makes me get all this. You still not compelling.

Five year later, the elder sadhu has died off old age and the younger one has started his journey alone. He still did not have the attention and care as his fellow master did. He was in distress and returned back to his place, where he found people flocked in hundred to pay homage to the elder sadhu.

System of belief sets in once but it is never broken, how hard you try!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment