Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Before I go into overdrive, let’s read an excerpt from a conversation. Year 2007, place a small room crowded by five young men. I am the observer in this heated but sometime humorous exchange of ideas, thoughts, egos, ignorance and the biggest bliss of all arrogance. Topic of discussion was too much intellectual for my liking so I took the role of an observer.Bandhu, with his sparkling eyes and sheer disdain for all visible mortals; put forward the concept of theology and his desire for spiritualism to forefront. I was smelling a confrontation of a sort as other dignitaries present in the room, had strong reservation’s about what they think about there world. First to break the ice was Vabhi, a non conformist in all respect to few things that were not lively. He put an honest opinion, but too direct for the liking of others. In his words “Why you have to go to a temple of special kind every Saturday to look for spiritual enlightenment, you are a learned man, even Lord Buddha got gyan under a tree, you should search it the way that’s natural and opens to interpretation than questions?”Vabhi 1 Bandhu 0, it was first time I was thinking about the relevance of this debate, so let me get it unfolded.

Bandhu was ready with his tark vitark.He was poised, rolling the beads in hand he replied “I had a liking for theology, I have left drinking, smoking and eating non veg.Its the place I get the peace of mind. Even the Guru’s there are guys who have been to IIT’s sometime in there lives, people of status and recognition come to that place. It’s my world and my ways to learn, your question don’t hold good my friend”. I was convinced by his logic that who are we or anyone to question his choice of living. Score 1 all.
I felt Vabhi was more curious now. “What they teach you there and how it changes your life? I still see you chasing girls?”.Bandhu “I am not looking for perfection, I am in a search of God”.Vabhi “Why you looking for god? Have you seen your reflection in a mirror, are you away from the bliss of life, don’t u feel jealous, don’t you have greed, don’t you need to lie sometime, God is in you, you can find him, I suppose if you wake up early than chatting all night long with girls”. Hold on guys, you are getting personel, we are into a discussion and don’t need to be driven by emotions.
Time for Sakha to join, calmest of guy you will come across.Hmm, now it will be more interesting; his calmness will drive us further.Sakha “I also went there, it’s really refreshing, they show you video’s about Charles Darwin theory and do you know they are present in Europe and US, people of class come up there, even one of my senior was there on last weekend.” I can not be observer for long. I too jumped in “Charles Darwin, that dude has given nice theory for evolution, now don’t tell me they are going to put it in question on basis of religious and ancient text”.
Big Brother the fifth and the last to jump in is always been strongly opinionated about most of the stuff, so I was thinking he will decide the fate of the discussion Big B “ I am believer in the traditional route to Spirituality,worshiping,you need not to go to any special place or special person to learn it, they are like us, some are failure of daily life, looking for a refuge in such stuff, some are there to solve their purpose, may be some ignorant fools need them.”Score level at 2-2.I was undecided. We were getting out of context. Like always when you are in doubt best thing is to do google.Spiritualism in Hinduism is about existence of soul. So may be its about searching of soul. It’s questioning the very basic of existence. It must take you away from materialism of any sort. People who have understand its meaning at the best will not even break into an argument of this sort. Calmness and light reflecting from their face will be amazing.
I had more question than answers after going through this discussion. One thing for sure none of us knew about the topic in hand. My search for spirituality is still on from that day till date. What it is? Can anyone really tell me what I have to look for? The best answer I have got from a living person was reading some texts from His holiness Dalai Lama’s writing.(Will cover in another post).

I will leave this discussion as inconclusive for the time being. But I really want to pose a question to the HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA type of communities, what are they looking for, or what they are offering for. They are growing into gigantic trusts, millions of turnover or I say Guru’s and lord of rich. If you are that near to the almighty, why you don’t open your door to all, why are you so much into self proclamation?

I am away from spirituality, not even search of it; I am too much consumed in my own world, to even think about it the next day I wake up?


NO OFFENCES MEANT HERE, ANY RESEMBLACE TO ANYONE LIVING OR DEAD WILL BE HIGLY CO-INCIDENTAL.
BE IN SPIRIT TAKE IT ALL IN SPIRIT.

12 comments:

Saurabh Sharma said...

WoW..WoW...Even i was once an observer of this debate on spiritualism and that too in a placement GD..Felt like walking out in-between the discussions..bcoz i knew the ppl talking abt self-sacrifice and self-denial didnt have any "self" in the first place..acquire some "self" before u try to sacrifice it..

west said...

Yes i was there too...

It was mockery of professionalism,that guy should not have asked for this topic,I know he was having alegiances with some group,but we were recruiting,not there to entertain him..

Ppl or sound footed ppl even refereed to the org. he was from..

A refugee for social outcast...waht else,,,

arpit said...

Well Well............
I must say this shouldn't be the topic of discussion..............
U cannever get consensus on this.....As this discussion was left on 2-2, again it will reach to 7-7(may be), but never a single decision.........
One can't decide in these matters what to do.Its all about your inner belief which tells you what to do...........

west said...

i agree with you arpit...

But my question is Y dont be discover the self the I first...

and then move to bigger things...

I know these topics are never ending but its good enough iif we look into it for jus a small time..

shivani said...

its just the matter of perception........there is nothing right and nothing wrong for both are relative terms..........

west said...

agreed here too.

but it is debatable

Saurabh Sharma said...

Its good to have a perception but the problem starts when people start flaunting their version of spiritualism..and worse they look at others as lesser mortals with meagre understanding of the supreme force..if we dont subscribe to sect doesnt give these type of people the right to sermonize us and by anyways think of themselves as any better..U probe a little n u realise that even best in this "Business of religion" have feet of clay..but i must praise them they are brilliant at branding religion..

Vaibhav said...

Dude there was more argment tht day :) u can add it all!!

west said...

Rightly siad bro...

i would like to summarise it with something that has hold good from the day it was first said:-

Words are not the highest reality, nor what
is expressed in words the highest reality.
Why? Because the highest reality is an
Experience which cannot be entered into
By means of statements regarding it.

Ya its not said by me ofcurse its BUDDHA...

Oops spirtual thugs of "lotus clan"must have heared this name.

shivani said...

yup i never meant it that way.........people who try to put others down juss to show they are good are actually feeling the so called INSECURITY...... dats all i know........ : )

SACRIFICE said...

thank god someone have a heart and guts to follow it CHEEEEEERSSSSSS ANUJ

SACRIFICE said...

heard of RDB attitude but i have seen it for the first time Now it's a real Man talking good bro or shud i say FTA

Post a Comment