Sunday, December 28, 2008

This is my favorite part of a given year. We get ready with resolution for the next year. I am been in this practice now for quite a few years but have not achieved a bit because of the special amendment act present in the clause of my life. Well this year I am abolishing the amendment act. That means I may be not be favorite friends of some, nevertheless this is being done to keep my everlasting friendship with Chika and control my life.

Chika has known me from the days when I was a sensitive young boy and haven’t seen the world beyond the cricket field. My resolution used to be not to get bold over the year and score more run than my bigger brother while Chika was resolved to get a girl friend at least that year. Year by year went, I scored lots of run but never got pass my bro and Chika got slapped by many in his attempt to have that maiden gal. Suddenly we realized we have grown up .I was in an Engineering College and he was in a Medical college. Resolution changed and somehow we as people changed. My resolution were not false but true to the time ,I wanted to be the coolest guy in my college and this time I did everything right for next few years. Chika too had a girl friend and a bike. I remembered his resolution over those days was to lose those extra pound before the gals keep on dumping and start watching & listening some English movies and music ( He was branded a desi by us and that is so true till this date, he is best when he sings like Chamkila ). He like always faltered.

Few years later we have passed from our colleges and got engaged in our assignments. We were no longer in touch like old days and I hardly knew his resolution over these years. My few bad resolutions have meant creeper and vermin feeding on my life and as far as I know Chika had done the balancing act well. He lived for himself and followed his heart and I followed the world. My heart it was in such a mess and weak. The determination of past has vanished. I had weak resolution and some of them are the proof of disintegration I had gone in this year. I had to resolve to get rid of addictions of some sorts and I was faltering every year. I had to talk to Chika, he is the best man of mine after all.

Chika was now a practicing physician and was having a tough assignment in their term. How many doc wants’ a rural assignment and even if they take how much sincere they are. Before I had put my quandary in front of him I asked him what his resolve was for the year. I though true to his spirit must be something lively and more of fun. But I was for a surprise, He has evolved over the year and I disintegrated. He talked about Justice to his profession and making a difference when for me his location was the biggest challenge to work. In all his adversaries he has a vision a resolution for better. I had my answer and for this year I will have resolution with a declaration statement and for sure no amendment what so ever.

I shared them with Chika and he suggested to me to keep them to myself only. But no my friends my resolution will be a declaration. I want to be at peace with myself and I had to get some meaning for my existence.

I will be getting rid of Tamas and all such things that are source of it. Well I hope you peopled have understood it and will help me in keeping my resolution.

Secondly I will be a good friend, a good son, a good citizen. What all implies is left to my discretion.

Thirdly and last of all I will keep dreaming and will never let this feeling die that I can fly.

That’s all folks, Aj is resolved this year. Don’t laugh, yes I have been talking the same over years but this year It’s little different after all I am been talking to Chika lately.

You too have your resolution and feel free to share with us.

Regards
Aj

2 comments:

shivani said...

koool......... intense and secret resolution hmmmmmmm................... will c 2 it.............

Anonymous said...

Agree to most of the resolutions...one of the resolution does calls for "Force Majure" clause exemption..which says that under unforeseen circumstances(Tsunami,Typhoon, earthquakes and meeting old buddies)the resolution will hold Void. ;)..Hope u get it !!

Post a Comment