Sunday, August 9, 2009

Now this is something never happened to me before. I was not able to concentrate in work after returning from the strange orchard, the drums kept on beating in my ears. By now I have assumed I have offended the spirit of the Orchard by throwing a stone at the drummer. I had to be in orchard soon and I was there in no time.

The drummer was still there and was playing the drums at the same pace. I had to confront him, but why I do not know. I was standing next to him now, but I was not able to read his mind. He had shunted the waves of mind. I thought of splashing water from pond on him to disturb his single speed rhythm. What’s that, he did not have a reflection in water? Wait he had a reflection, it was me. The confusion has set up and as all my life when I get agitated, I am supposed to do something awful. I started splashing water at him, so that he gives me some attention. He seemed to be a black looking figure but now with water reacting with him, he kept on changing colors. I heard another drum from other side of the pond. I looked back to find one more drummer. He looked the same. I splashed a big stone in pond and water spilled all over the place. Now I have four drummers playing to an absolute rhythm.

I have to break this spell of magic or whatever it was. I composed myself and sit on a rock and kept on watching this noise show. Only thing that come into my mind was, this is a mysterious place and only thing for people work here is imagination and happiness. I need to confront the drummer by this but not by tricks of the habitual world.

I closed my eye and imagined to pick a flute in my hand and I had a flute in my hand. Next thing was playing the flute. I have never hissed a single breath in a flute but today I was performing like a world beater. In a minute, five of us were jamming in perfect unison in the strange orchard. The more I got confident and played the flute to the beats, the more they started disappearing. In next 15 min I was standing alone next to the pond. I was playing the flute and enjoying the place. Now the lotus has started to flutter to my music, even fish’s started summer Saulting, two sweet looking squirrels were also dancing..I felt like a magician…

And the next minute I was in a meeting, with my boss staring at me. I think he asked me some question and it seemed I was stoned here for ages. I had the internal smile of Buddha; I said politely to my boss Sir, please come again.

2 comments:

west said...

next sunshine song!!

shivani said...

hehehehe ummmm superb imagination...........................

Post a Comment